Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Hike @ Eaton Canyon (Pasadena, CA) 11.24.11


Whenever we have free time, Paul and I try to hike, especially @ Eaton Canyon. I love living in LA, but I also love being in nature, especially in the mountains. Hiking here lets me escape the city, but I only have to drive 10 minutes to get there.


As far as I know, there are 2 major trails @ Eaton Canyon. We call one "the flats," even though its a 5 mile hike up. I think the top is kinda like a plateau that has amazing views of LA. Paul says there's like a lookout point with picnic tables. I wouldn't exactly know how that looks like cuz I've been too out of shape to make it. One day I will.

 The other trail leads to the waterfalls. Its about a mile or so. Not too bad but you have to cross streams, so make sure u have comfortable shoes that have a lot of traction so you can have a good grasp on the rocks. Lots of people bring their dogs who love splashing in the cold water. Gidget, my precious 10lb fur baby, who is spoiled rotten, required to be hand carried, of course.





Eaton Canyon Trail is the one that leads to the waterfalls. It first follows the empty river beds, then streams that lead up to the waterfalls. PLEASE NOTE: On this occasion I didn't end up at the waterfalls, so my pictures reflect that.

Finally made it across!











Until the next adventure, cutiee23

Links:
Eaton Canyon: 1750 North Altadena Drive, Pasadena, CA 
Eaton Canyon in Pasadena, CA
Eaton Canyon Hiking Trails
Directions

No comments:

Post a Comment