Sunday, November 20, 2011

Madonna Inn (San Luis Obispo) 11-19-2011

If Barbie had her own hotel, Madonna Inn would be it. Pink is everywhere from the wallpaper, chairs, and even lights. Its the week before thanksgiving, but inside its already Christmas. Decor in 1920s glam. Love it!! Started as a motel in 1958, it now has over 100 rooms, each with a different theme along with a bakery, coffee shop and steakhouse. We asked if we could tour some of the rooms (they said no), but have postcards of each room in the hotel lobby. You can also check their website. (Look at the links below) My fave is the Romance room, which is done in robin egg blue in a modern victorian like style. Few years back, in the E! show Girls Next Door, one of Hef's former girlfriends Bridgette had her bday there and she toured some of the rooms. I guess that's the one of way to see some of the rooms. It's cheaper than buying over 100 postcards or buying their coffee table book.

As for the steakhouse, I thought it was pretty pricey for what you get. I didn't like how my steak was kinda burnt on the outside. =( They have all the typical cuts, and lots of tempting desserts. They are known for some pink champagne cake, which I found out is really champagne chocolate cut really thinly to look like a bow on top of the cake.

Up until now, I've been using my camera phone to take pictures. I need to make a note to myself to get my digital camera. Its so hard to take pictures at night.

Links:
Madonna Inn
My fave room: Romance 
Ubber Pink Room- Carin










 Top 3 pics from Miranda (She's has a waaay better camera)




Madonna Inn @ Night







    
It's Christmas...all over again..

Apparently it snows in the African Plains and Simba Celebrates Christmas

I love the carved wood everyone in the hotel, from frames, doors, even their bar.
Who doesn't love a downstairs wine cellar?? I swear, before the end of this rotation I'm going to be a wyno.
Table in the Coffee Shop looks like its set for a grown up tea party
Inside the Restaurant...

Look at all the Christmas Decor!!! (pic courtesy of Melissa)

Barbie's Dream Dining Set (pic courtesy of Melissa)




I guess on saturday nights they have a small band who teleports you to the 1950s. It's so romantic to so elderly couples still dancing and in love.




Keeping warm by the fireplace



-Off to plan another adventure,  Cutiee23

Love the pink sofa!!! I wonder if my fiance will let me have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment