Saturday, November 19, 2011

Los Flores Ranch Park (Santa Maria, CA) ...the place that started it all

Los Flores Ranch Park is a rec area/grazing area for cows. Its filled with lots of trails for bikers, hikers, and equestrians. The  trail map is pretty easy to navigate. Trailheads are clearly marked. For someone that has no direction, I got lost only once. I think that's pretty good. 

They charge you $3 entrance fee/person. I think they're pretty lax though, because I told the girl I left my wallet in the car (which is true) and she let it slide. Be aware you are going to come face to face with cows. I just walked past them and made no sudden moments. They seemed to be ok, but I swear one cow was mad dogging me...

http://www.ci.santa-maria.ca.us/LosFloresRanchPark.shtml

Above:
Visitor Center: you actually have to sign in and sign out, so they know who's out hiking, riding their horse, or riding their bike. I think its a great idea, cuz I know i get lost easily...

View of the hills

Ohh ohh! a red barn

What a random place to have a bathtub..
Moo Moo! Happy cows are from California...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment