Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hitching Post Restaurant (Casamalia,CA) 11.22.11



Santa Maria, CA its known for its own bbq style favoring the tri tip cut cooked using red oak and seasoned with a special Santa Maria seasoning composed of salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Being here for awhile, it was my personal requirement to sample this regional favorite. When I asked some locals where I should go, they pointed me towards the Hitching Post. This Hitching Post is quite off the beaten path and required us to drive through winding roads deep in Santa Maria Valley.  

It is important to note that is not the same restaurant that is featured in the movie "Sideways." That Hitching Post is about 30 miles South off the 101 in Buelton, CA. Its real name is Hitching Post II. I learned the hard way off this difference when I was asked to meet someone at the Hitching Post, and I went to Hitching Post II.

Links:
Hitching Post: 3325 Point Sal Rd, Casmalia, CA 93429; (805) 937-6151






 
The front of the building looks like a red barn. 








Watch your food get cooked in their indoor bbq.

Food is Amazing. It is probably the best bbq I've ever tasted. Dinners are reasonably priced and start at about $25 for a dinner which includes a shrimp cocktail, salad, baked potato or fries, meat, coffee, and dessert. I could tell that the Italian dressing and BBQ sauce were freshly prepared. The bbq sauce has the right balance of smokey, sweet, and tart. The pork bbq ribs pictured up were well seasoned with the right ratio of pepper, salt, and garlic.  It was right own the money! They were orgasmic!!

The staff is really friendly. My friend and I came early and sipped wine at the bar. The bartender gave us wine novices a quick education, and free tastes of 2 wines. Any place that gives me free booze is good with me =)



Until the next adventure,
cutiee23

No comments:

Post a Comment