Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jocko's Steakhouse in Nipomo, CA (12.4.11)



Its not a surprise that a place filled with cows grazing the fields are rich in steakhouses. Central Ca is no different. Following the recommendation of my preceptor, I decided to stop by Jacko's in Nipomo. I ordered the steak sandwich. I was told portions where big, but I could not imagine how huge they really are. I ordered a steak sandwich, which is really a cut of steak easily over 12 oz, with salad, 2 pieces of bread, and fries. My entree is enough for 2 people. I could only finish half. (I heard a regular steak portion can serve 3 people) Not being a connoisseur of steak, I don't know exactly how they seasoned their meat. I could only tell it had salt and pepper and it was well balanced. I personally would have wanted more of a "kick", maybe some garlic. I always ask for A1 steak sauce, but here the waiter said you don't need it. He was right. The steak was juicy and cooked exactly how I like it, medium. I would highly recommend this restaurant to those passing by. Locals already flock here.




Only half of my lunch entree
If you are thinking of stopping by, be ready to wait or call ahead for a reservation. I was told that its better to come for early dinner during weekdays. Even so, wait time can go up to 1-2 hrs during weekdays and 3-4 hrs during weekends for dinner. Luckily, I went for LINNER (combo of lunch and dinner) at 4pm. I still had to wait 30 minutes.







Jocko's Steakhouse:
125 N Thompson Ave
Nipomo, CA 93444
(805) 929-3565

Jocko's Yelp Review 
Buy their seasoning and merchandise here 

No comments:

Post a Comment